Skip to main content

Matt and Kathryn

These two wonderful people and such a wonderful wedding!  Matt is a great friend of mine and so I am a little partial towards this wedding.  That and it was my first wedding being the photographer AND the best man.  I was a little nervous about this daunting task but at the end of the day it was such a wonderful honor for me.
After I finished  with these pictures I stepped back to look at the wedding as a whole and I just stood amazed.  This wedding was gorgeous!  Matt and Kathryn were the happiest couple I’ve ever shot.  And the pictures made it very evident.  There wasn’t anything extravagant like you see on those wedding shows (fireworks, parades, the works…) but it was a celebration of love with friends and family and everything just shined.
I hope to have captured this wedding as it deserved.  You two have been such a blessing to me in my life.  Thank you for letting me share in this day with you so closely.
P.S. Many thanks to Kim Garred for helping me shoot this one, some of her photos are featured here.
Web-2
Web-1
Web-3
Web-4
Web-5
Web-6
Web-8
Web-7
Web-9
Web-10
Web-11
Web-12
Web-13
Web-14
Web-15
Web-16
Web-17
Web-18
Web-19
Web-20
Web-21
Web-22
Web-23
Web-24
Web-25
Web-26
Web-27
Web-28
Web-29
Web-30
Web-31
Web-32
Web-33
Web-34
Web-35
Web-36
Web-37
Web-38

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joe and Heather

  What an incredible time celebrating with Joe and Heather.  And who would have thought that a rainy April morning day could have turned into such a beautiful afternoon.  Which is good because I promised Heather sun!  I can’t begin to say how much fun we had with the whole group at the reception.  So much fun!  Here are a few shots of the day.      These next pictures are my favorites, the dress was amazing and that bouquet was out of this world!     And I’m not kidding - right before Heather walked down the aisle, a beam of light from the majestic church broke its way through the window and followed Heather all the way down.  I just turned off my flash and let Heather and her spotlight work the magic.     Ha! Cracks me up. This reception was a party!   Thank you so much you two for letting us be a part of your day!  We hope you enjoy the pictures!

New Website! (finally)

I am proud to announce that we have officially updated the website!! (insert a chorus of hallelujah!) The old website was very sad and I do not think was true to the quality of the pictures and it was extremely hard to navigate. If you remember it I apologize. But we are very excited to bring this new one to you. Thank you all who were apart of our lives and a part of this vision in 2009. Thank you to all the beautiful couples we had the opportunity to shoot for. I give you The Artistic Vision 2010:

Quarters of Beauty

I love the whispers of Autumn. They bring me back to memories of my childhood. There is a certain feeling; it is the smell in the air--that cool crisp smell which freezes your nose--and the colors on the trees--those rustic oranges and ruddy splashes of the drapery--that remind me of when I was young. I am always inspired to recreate that feeling in photos, I suppose artists always do. However, photos or paintings fall short of replication only achieving a mere appropriation of the beauty; only borrowing from the text instead of scribal rewrites, for the text is too hard. Perhaps it's like the little boys who make a snowball to store in the freezer to remember come summertime. But yes, the sublimation laws of physics always seem to destroy our fun. We try anyway. We try because we love to hold on to that which dies or that which is temporary. So much so that when the first snow falls and we get out the snow shovels and Mother's Christmas pudding, we furtively look at the pictur...