Skip to main content

Composing the Vision: New Beginnings to See

Welcome! Thank you for visiting my site. To those who have been with me from the start. Those I knew before I even knew all this would happen. Those who have encouraged me in my gifts and who ultimately developed me to who I am today. Who have pointed me to the Lord who gives us eyes to see with, in order to see this Vision that existed since ancient days. I thank you, from my heart, this is for you, that you might receive the blessings and not me.

Welcome! To those who maybe are just passing by. I hope that you like what you see. I never consider myself the best photographer out there, but I do like to pour my heart into what I do, and this is a result of that. My hope is that you will take time to stop and see the beauty around you, even if just for a while, and give thanks. And perhaps you will then become inspired to pour your heart into the things you do best, whatever it may be. I hope that I can encourage you to live the greatest and most fruitful life you can and create what you have been designed to do. But I hope that you may never stop there, for we have been given so much to keep it for ourselves. Learn to give some of it away and you'll begin to catch the Vision which so many quiet saints and great men and women before us did.

So this is my gift to you. Feel free to look around, leave comments, subscribe to the blog, send me favorites pictures you've taken, or contact me with questions or stories you might have. I am grateful for you being here. Thank you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
wonderful story. Hope tp hear from you again soon.
Wonderful story. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Joe and Heather

  What an incredible time celebrating with Joe and Heather.  And who would have thought that a rainy April morning day could have turned into such a beautiful afternoon.  Which is good because I promised Heather sun!  I can’t begin to say how much fun we had with the whole group at the reception.  So much fun!  Here are a few shots of the day.      These next pictures are my favorites, the dress was amazing and that bouquet was out of this world!     And I’m not kidding - right before Heather walked down the aisle, a beam of light from the majestic church broke its way through the window and followed Heather all the way down.  I just turned off my flash and let Heather and her spotlight work the magic.     Ha! Cracks me up. This reception was a party!   Thank you so much you two for letting us be a part of your day!  We hope you enjoy the pictures!

New Website! (finally)

I am proud to announce that we have officially updated the website!! (insert a chorus of hallelujah!) The old website was very sad and I do not think was true to the quality of the pictures and it was extremely hard to navigate. If you remember it I apologize. But we are very excited to bring this new one to you. Thank you all who were apart of our lives and a part of this vision in 2009. Thank you to all the beautiful couples we had the opportunity to shoot for. I give you The Artistic Vision 2010:

Quarters of Beauty

I love the whispers of Autumn. They bring me back to memories of my childhood. There is a certain feeling; it is the smell in the air--that cool crisp smell which freezes your nose--and the colors on the trees--those rustic oranges and ruddy splashes of the drapery--that remind me of when I was young. I am always inspired to recreate that feeling in photos, I suppose artists always do. However, photos or paintings fall short of replication only achieving a mere appropriation of the beauty; only borrowing from the text instead of scribal rewrites, for the text is too hard. Perhaps it's like the little boys who make a snowball to store in the freezer to remember come summertime. But yes, the sublimation laws of physics always seem to destroy our fun. We try anyway. We try because we love to hold on to that which dies or that which is temporary. So much so that when the first snow falls and we get out the snow shovels and Mother's Christmas pudding, we furtively look at the pictur...