Skip to main content

2012 - Twin-nado

Can we just pause for a minute and reflect what a tsunami of a year 2012 was?  As well documented as it is, it still blows my mind all that happened.  Quick synopsis, Olaf style:


Yay! We're pregnant!

Maybe there's two?

THERE'S TWO!?  I knew it! 

Oh...crap two of everything

We need a house!

Let's buy a house!

Let's look at 50 houses...

I don't want to buy a house anymore

Oh I found the perfect house!  Buy it.

Meanwhile, back at the doctor: Uh oh, no membrane

Wait there's the membrane!  But what's that?

"I'm the bad guy!"

We bought a house!

We bought a house?!

Let's move!

What? Twins are coming?  Nobody move!

How are we going to move?

Here comes the Church!  

"Move that into the kitchen, carefully move the wife into the living room"

Well that was easy...Yeah, good, because the next part won't be

Twins are coming! 

Yay!  Wait...it's only 22 weeks!

Hold on!  Stay in there!

Infinite cosmic hospital stay - itty bitty living space.

I really wonder how much this bill will be...

Happy Mother's Day! Here's some burnt creme brulee

Wake up. School. Hospital. Eat. Repeat. 

They're the size of a [insert favorite fruit here].

Twins are coming and we're really not joking this time!

False alarm

Ok the twins are really really coming and we're REALLY not joking this time

Ninja move!  Break into the hospital!

They are here!

And two month hospital stay

Boy I really wonder how much this hospital stay is going to be.

Beep....beep...beep...

They're doing good!  

They're doing bad.

They're doing really good. You can take them home

Don't forget to breathe honey!  Ellie! @#$@

Nurse: ummm...Ok...I think you can still take them home

...wait what?!  

Drive really really really carefully.

Ok we're home with the twins! Don't go anywhere.

Let's go to Wisconsin!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAA. Pull the car WAAAAAAAA over!  Anywhere!  

That shady parking lot in the middle of Chicago looks good.

Parent brain fog!  

Gosh...I don't really remember the rest of the year...Did things happen?

something like 3am bottle feeding/pumping

Wait, is he's carrying an invisible child?

"She was awake, but now she's back to sleep" **Scary horror music here** 

Hey is that the hospital bill?  2 Million dollars!!


Well honey...that was a lot of fun...We should do it all again in 2016...




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joe and Heather

  What an incredible time celebrating with Joe and Heather.  And who would have thought that a rainy April morning day could have turned into such a beautiful afternoon.  Which is good because I promised Heather sun!  I can’t begin to say how much fun we had with the whole group at the reception.  So much fun!  Here are a few shots of the day.      These next pictures are my favorites, the dress was amazing and that bouquet was out of this world!     And I’m not kidding - right before Heather walked down the aisle, a beam of light from the majestic church broke its way through the window and followed Heather all the way down.  I just turned off my flash and let Heather and her spotlight work the magic.     Ha! Cracks me up. This reception was a party!   Thank you so much you two for letting us be a part of your day!  We hope you enjoy the pictures!

New Website! (finally)

I am proud to announce that we have officially updated the website!! (insert a chorus of hallelujah!) The old website was very sad and I do not think was true to the quality of the pictures and it was extremely hard to navigate. If you remember it I apologize. But we are very excited to bring this new one to you. Thank you all who were apart of our lives and a part of this vision in 2009. Thank you to all the beautiful couples we had the opportunity to shoot for. I give you The Artistic Vision 2010:

Quarters of Beauty

I love the whispers of Autumn. They bring me back to memories of my childhood. There is a certain feeling; it is the smell in the air--that cool crisp smell which freezes your nose--and the colors on the trees--those rustic oranges and ruddy splashes of the drapery--that remind me of when I was young. I am always inspired to recreate that feeling in photos, I suppose artists always do. However, photos or paintings fall short of replication only achieving a mere appropriation of the beauty; only borrowing from the text instead of scribal rewrites, for the text is too hard. Perhaps it's like the little boys who make a snowball to store in the freezer to remember come summertime. But yes, the sublimation laws of physics always seem to destroy our fun. We try anyway. We try because we love to hold on to that which dies or that which is temporary. So much so that when the first snow falls and we get out the snow shovels and Mother's Christmas pudding, we furtively look at the pictur...