Skip to main content

Anniversary: 2010 – Year of Love

Let’s call this the year of love. Not that there was no love other years, there most CERTAINLY was. But 2010, the first real year of our marriage. No kids, no worries. We were free!  Free and unshackled of bottles and diapers!

This was the year we also decided to make the Artistic Vision official.  We always did things together and this was no difference.  And so I handed a camera to you and said, here press this button.  And you rose up to the challenge and became a talented photographer and my business partner.  

We traveled a lot that year.  We visited my grandpa. Michigan in the summer. And we ended the year out with a North Carolina beach trip where we got some beautiful pictures at sunset.    

I remember the summer of 2010 there was an invasion of firefire flies that descended upon Clifton.  Everything really seemed idealic.  And I was much better at romantic gestures (though in my defense - I just tried to write this sentence a half a dozen times to be interrupted by a child).  We did the Anniversary at Pompillos.  I totally got carded for ordering wine, and I don't blame them. Look at how young we looked!  And then there was the candlelit and the anniversary shoot with Tine.  I even came and changed your flat tire when you were stranded on I74!  Fixed a dishwasher (without a shirt).  Man! I'm jealous of my 2010 self!

Ludlow was the ideal spot for us.  We sold my car and for a season only had one car.  Times were simple then.  We budgeted for Graeter's ice cream, shopped at IGA, tried on hats at the Hat Shop.  And then we ended out the year with Jazz Christmas at Taza that we helped organize.  

I think this year my memory of you is discovering how wonderful marriage can be with a life together.

Best memory: photoshoot with Tine

Song of the year: Beautiful Things by Gungor

Average monthly food budget: $393

Number of weddings shot: 13

Date spot: Awakenings in Hyde Park

TV Series we watched: Friends





I love this picture of you.  Is it me or did you have more freckles then?



Another great picture.  Our first selfie?


HAHAHA!





Ok seriously I don't know why there are so many pictures of me without my shirt.

Same!!















Classic mussels


Look! no gray hair yet. :)


Surprise photoshoot! You looked great! Thank you to Tine for helping set this up.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joe and Heather

  What an incredible time celebrating with Joe and Heather.  And who would have thought that a rainy April morning day could have turned into such a beautiful afternoon.  Which is good because I promised Heather sun!  I can’t begin to say how much fun we had with the whole group at the reception.  So much fun!  Here are a few shots of the day.      These next pictures are my favorites, the dress was amazing and that bouquet was out of this world!     And I’m not kidding - right before Heather walked down the aisle, a beam of light from the majestic church broke its way through the window and followed Heather all the way down.  I just turned off my flash and let Heather and her spotlight work the magic.     Ha! Cracks me up. This reception was a party!   Thank you so much you two for letting us be a part of your day!  We hope you enjoy the pictures!

New Website! (finally)

I am proud to announce that we have officially updated the website!! (insert a chorus of hallelujah!) The old website was very sad and I do not think was true to the quality of the pictures and it was extremely hard to navigate. If you remember it I apologize. But we are very excited to bring this new one to you. Thank you all who were apart of our lives and a part of this vision in 2009. Thank you to all the beautiful couples we had the opportunity to shoot for. I give you The Artistic Vision 2010:

Quarters of Beauty

I love the whispers of Autumn. They bring me back to memories of my childhood. There is a certain feeling; it is the smell in the air--that cool crisp smell which freezes your nose--and the colors on the trees--those rustic oranges and ruddy splashes of the drapery--that remind me of when I was young. I am always inspired to recreate that feeling in photos, I suppose artists always do. However, photos or paintings fall short of replication only achieving a mere appropriation of the beauty; only borrowing from the text instead of scribal rewrites, for the text is too hard. Perhaps it's like the little boys who make a snowball to store in the freezer to remember come summertime. But yes, the sublimation laws of physics always seem to destroy our fun. We try anyway. We try because we love to hold on to that which dies or that which is temporary. So much so that when the first snow falls and we get out the snow shovels and Mother's Christmas pudding, we furtively look at the pictur...