Skip to main content

Happy Anniversary Month - Throwback 2009

Happy Anniversary to my incredible wife.  Here's day 1 of 12.  




Throwback blog!!  So I tried to revive ye ole xanga blog but I think it's lost in the underworld of Internet blogs.  

But wow! Here we are. Starting our 12th year of marriage. Considering that there is song dedicated to the 12 days of Christmas, I wanted to take some time and reflect on the years that have gone by.  So I'm devoting this throwback blog post to every year of marriage.  You can expect a post for the next 12 days (note: I'm going to try really really hard to post every day considering all the chaos THIS year is bringing). 

While there was so much more that happened before this, let's start all the way back in two thousand ought nine, back when “Boom Boom Pow” by Black Eyed Peas topped the charts. Back when Avatar just spend a ridiculous amount of money on their blockbuster, and when Angry Birds was still a thing.

2009! The year we got married! I remember sitting in Panera stressing about how we were going to pay for our (relatively) small wedding on a shoestring budget.  And then it happened!  We worked on all those center pieces.  Your mom helped with all those invitation. We said our vows at the alter.  The Mexicans with their flag drove their truck by in celebration. J Wade brought the beats.  My parents chipped in for wine and Coors Light which they (almost) chilled in the Baptismal.  We danced to Jason Mraz and songs from Hitch.  Got attacked by wild hornets.  And then spent a lovely evening at the Millenium hotel.  You looked beautiful then and you look beautiful now.  Looking back at the pictures it's amazing how you have only changed in the best possible ways.

It was my first semester in grad school and you were working at Goddard.  We started off our new life together on Clifton Ave. Our big purchase was our desk, which I think cost about $35 from Ikea that I stained and put some legs on. We ate on the floor (I don't know why, because we did have a dining room table. We drank…Arizona Tea on the couch without a shirt on (ummm…? Is there any context to this picture?)…  We took walks in Burnet Woods and Ludlow Ave.  

However, let it be known that our penny pinching ways would absolutely not prevent us from being the most decked out window for Christmas in Ludlow.  We also spent a small fortune on tea lights and candles.  Maybe because of my pyro ways or maybe we wanted to set the mood just right. And for fun? Well 50’s party and Disney parties of course! Remember when we did art shows? You gave an art show too at Taza.  

2009 was the year that Ellery gave a concert in the Riddle House living room and soon became our favorite band. 

So many good memories.  My favorite memory about you this year was building a home together and planning our wedding.  

Favorite band: Ellery 
Favorite drink: Aztec Latte from Taza 
Highlight trip: Puerto Vallarta 
Date night spot: Blue Wisp 
Strongest memory of you: Walking down the aisle 




















Such a flattering picture.  Living the married life.

I think our dining room table was in the shop.  Hey and remember when we had a bookshelf!?

Definitely a pumpkin spice latte



I think this is when you started loving baking.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joe and Heather

  What an incredible time celebrating with Joe and Heather.  And who would have thought that a rainy April morning day could have turned into such a beautiful afternoon.  Which is good because I promised Heather sun!  I can’t begin to say how much fun we had with the whole group at the reception.  So much fun!  Here are a few shots of the day.      These next pictures are my favorites, the dress was amazing and that bouquet was out of this world!     And I’m not kidding - right before Heather walked down the aisle, a beam of light from the majestic church broke its way through the window and followed Heather all the way down.  I just turned off my flash and let Heather and her spotlight work the magic.     Ha! Cracks me up. This reception was a party!   Thank you so much you two for letting us be a part of your day!  We hope you enjoy the pictures!

New Website! (finally)

I am proud to announce that we have officially updated the website!! (insert a chorus of hallelujah!) The old website was very sad and I do not think was true to the quality of the pictures and it was extremely hard to navigate. If you remember it I apologize. But we are very excited to bring this new one to you. Thank you all who were apart of our lives and a part of this vision in 2009. Thank you to all the beautiful couples we had the opportunity to shoot for. I give you The Artistic Vision 2010:

Quarters of Beauty

I love the whispers of Autumn. They bring me back to memories of my childhood. There is a certain feeling; it is the smell in the air--that cool crisp smell which freezes your nose--and the colors on the trees--those rustic oranges and ruddy splashes of the drapery--that remind me of when I was young. I am always inspired to recreate that feeling in photos, I suppose artists always do. However, photos or paintings fall short of replication only achieving a mere appropriation of the beauty; only borrowing from the text instead of scribal rewrites, for the text is too hard. Perhaps it's like the little boys who make a snowball to store in the freezer to remember come summertime. But yes, the sublimation laws of physics always seem to destroy our fun. We try anyway. We try because we love to hold on to that which dies or that which is temporary. So much so that when the first snow falls and we get out the snow shovels and Mother's Christmas pudding, we furtively look at the pictur...